[Live-devel] Maximum number of client connections Live555 can handle

Alkassoum Ahmoud aahmoud at paraxip.com
Mon Oct 29 13:47:25 PDT 2007

Hi Ross

As you suggested, i’ve increased the LISTEN_BACKLOG_SIZE  value, but it
didn’t resolve my problem. The streaming server still fails to response.

I really don’t understand why this happens. The first 32 rtsp clients
connect with no problem, but from the 33rd caller  when the rtsp client
sends its DESCRIBE request it remains blocked waiting for the DESCRIBE
response from the live555 media server.

The matter is that if i use Darwin instead of live555 as a streaming server,
i do no longer have this problem.

Is this a limitation in the number of clients connection the live555 media
server code??

Thanks

Alkassoum