[Live-devel] Maximum number of client connections Live555 can handle

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Mon Oct 29 14:55:37 PDT 2007

>I really don't understand why this happens. The first 32 rtsp
>clients connect with no problem, but from the 33rd caller  when the
>rtsp client sends its DESCRIBE request it remains blocked waiting
>for the DESCRIBE response from the live555 media server.

OK, this sounds like you've run into an operating system limit on the
number of sockets that can be open at any one time.  You should be
able to reconfigure your OS (somehow, depending on the OS) to
increase this limit.

(Apparently the Darwin Streaming Server doesn't run into this limit
(at least, not as easily) because it uses sockets somewhat
differently from our server (but its way has drawbacks of its own),)