[Live-devel] RTSPserver, live source and dynamic opening URL

Nicola Bova - Redsk niki at redsk.net
Tue Oct 30 16:43:19 PDT 2007

Hi all,

I'm writing (well, rewriting from scratch) a streamer server embedded
in an ip camera that delivers the acquired stream through liveMedia.

I'm able to acquire from the live source and deliver through rtsp with
my custom FramedSource and ServerMediaSubsession.
What I need now is to set the compressor options depending on the
opening URL.
In particular I need to do something like this:

if the opening url is (for example) rtsp://camera:554/stream0300.mp4
I have to configure the compressor to generate a 300kbps stream.
if the url is rtsp://camera:554/stream1200.mp4 the stream must be set at
1200kbps.

Since it is not feasible to add a ServerMediaSession for every possible
speed, is there a preferred way to implement a behavior like this?
Given that the encoder can produce just one stream at time, the
FramedSource derived class would set the newer option if there are 2
clients with different options. In particular how I should implement a
ServerMediaSession with a "catch all" URL?

Thanks a lot
	Niki

--
vi vi vi - The editor of the beast