[Live-devel] RTSPserver, live source and dynamic opening URL

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Tue Oct 30 17:01:35 PDT 2007

>if the opening url is (for example) rtsp://camera:554/stream0300.mp4
>I have to configure the compressor to generate a 300kbps stream.
>if the url is rtsp://camera:554/stream1200.mp4 the stream must be set at
>1200kbps.
>
>Since it is not feasible to add a ServerMediaSession for every possible
>speed, is there a preferred way to implement a behavior like this?

Yes - you can define your own subclass of "RTSPServer" that redefines
the "lookupServerMediaSession(streamName)" function to dynamically
create a new "ServerMediaSession", based on parsing "streamName".

See, for example, how we define and implement "DynamicRTSPServer" in
the "LIVE555 Media Server" source code (the "mediaServer" directory).