[Live-devel] Multicast_Problem

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Tue Sep 4 05:14:31 PDT 2007

>I tried to deliver audio&video streams on multicast IP(224.0.0.1) by
>using live555 media server .

The "live555MediaServer" application streams using unicast only, not
multicast.  If you want to stream via multicast, then you should use
one of the "test*Streamer" demo applications (contained in the
"testProgs" directory).

>I started RTSP session between live555 Media server & client by
>using openRTSP command. Also I set the multicast IP & port on VLC
>player.

I don't understand this.  Why not just use VLC (not "openRTSP") as
your RTSP client.  I.e., enter the "rtsp://..." URL into VLC?  Then
it should be able to play the stream OK.