[Live-devel] Multiple live and archived channels streaming forvideoserver

Дима Зинченко dimazzz80 at mail.ru
Fri Sep 7 04:19:30 PDT 2007

> >To stream second channel, I created second RTSP server with another port
>
> No, you shouldn't need to do this.  It's best to use just a single
> RTSP server, but with separate "ServerMediaSession"s for each
> 'channel'.
> --

Ok, now I have 2 ServerMediaSessions for 2 channels with streamnames like "channel0" and "channel1", so I access the streams with VLC by URL "rtsp://<url>:<RTSPport>/channelX". Now, the problem is that somehow usually only 1 stream is actually transmitted. Sometimes (rarely) it works fine, I mean I can watch both channels simultaneously using VLC, but usually only one works, although 1) the url is correct and VLC sees the it's MJPEG stream, only no actual data is transmitted (wiresharks shows the same - only one of assigned RTP ports is in use) 2) the "deliverFrametoClient" function works fine, ie it copies my JPEG buffer (without header) to fTo and calls "afterGetting".