[Live-devel] RTSP Server 'Keep Alive' support

Glen Gray glen.gray at lincor.com
Tue Sep 11 14:45:09 PDT 2007

Hey Guys,

Wondering if the liveMedia/RTSPServer.cpp code has support for 'Keep
Alive' functionality ?

I see from the source code that it accepts the GET_PARAMETER calls and
responds to the client, but doesn't seem to do anything regarding the
session. I assume this means that KeepAlive isn't enforced and is simply
sending a dummy response to keep some clients happy ?

What happens in the situation where a client is killed without doing a
TEARDOWN and then re-establishes a connection ? My experience has been
with Kasenna's which didn't handle this well and simply created a second
stream to the same IP resulting in a corrupted playback experience.

--
Glen Gray <glen at lincor.com <mailto:glen at lincor.com>>
Digital Depot, Thomas Street