[Live-devel] Race condition bug fix

Geoff Cleary gcleary at sightlogix.com
Fri Sep 14 09:40:47 PDT 2007

See embedded comment below.

Geoff

The handling of the request buffer has not changed in the latest code, and
when two DESCRIBE requests are pipelined, the second is not handled
correctly. I think this is a problem in your latest version too. This
problem caused the sever to seg fault. Could it be that the send of the
response could block and allow the main loop to start handling of the second
DESCRIBE before the request buffer has been reset?

> But anyway, your real problem simply seems to be that you have given
> your client incorrect "rtsp://" URLs.  You should not include the
> "/trackID=1".  Instead, just use
> 	rtsp://192.168.50.163:554/mpeg1
> and
> 	rtsp://192.168.50.163:554/mpeg2

Thanks so much for your help. I'll try your suggestion. We do understand
your position regarding modified code and use of the latest versions.