[Live-devel] Race condition bug fix

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Fri Sep 14 12:43:04 PDT 2007

>when two DESCRIBE requests are pipelined,

But that's not what you showed in the trace that you included in your
earlier message.  That trace showed DESCRIBE, SETUP, PLAY, DESCRIBE,
SETUP, PLAY - all handled correctly - with only a trailing TEARDOWN
not handled correctly (because the URL was bad).

>  the second is not handled
>correctly. I think this is a problem in your latest version too.

You should upgrade, to confirm this.

>  This
>problem caused the sever to seg fault.

This is the first time you've mentioned a seg fault.  If that
happens, then there's definitely a bug in the server code.

Please add
	#define DEBUG 1
to the start of "RTSPServer.cpp", and recompile.  This will generate
debugging output.  Then try to reproduce the problem that's causing
the crash, then please send us the debugging output.