[Live-devel] Getting a list of available streams

Rutherford, Robert rruthe02 at harris.com
Tue Sep 25 09:03:38 PDT 2007

I have always used RTSP to request a single known MPEG2-TS.  Now, I
would like to be able to ask the media server what MPEG files are
available for streaming.  Can I do this with a DESCRIBE command?  Do the
files need to be registered as media sessions in order for the server to
know they exist and are available.  I would like to be able to inform
the client of multiple files, not just tracks within a single file.
Thanks!

- Rob Rutherford,
Harris Corporation