[Live-devel] Streaming a H.264 file

Raymond Tam rtam at 2wire.com
Wed Sep 26 12:53:03 PDT 2007

Hi,

I've just started looking into the live555 libraries, and I'm already
very impressed by the work that has been done on it. I understand that
there's no test program that streams H.264 file. So I'd to write a test
program to stream a H.264 file to a client like QuickTime.

The format of the input file that I want to stream is: a Program Stream
that contains H.264 video PES packets (i.e. NAL units in the ES) and AAC
audio PES packets.

My questions are:

1.	I'm planning to follow the example of
testMPEG1or2AudioVideoStreamer.cpp and write my own
testH264AudioVideoStreamer.cpp. Is that a good approach?
2.	What other functions do I need to implement? (Please note that
my input file is a Program Stream that contains PES packets)
3.	Since PTS is already present in the PES header, will that make
my life somewhat easier in a way that I can just use that PTS for the
PTS in RTP header?

Thank you in advance!