[Live-devel] Streaming a H.264 file

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Wed Sep 26 14:04:11 PDT 2007

>1.	I'm planning to follow the example of
>testMPEG1or2AudioVideoStreamer.cpp and write my own
>testH264AudioVideoStreamer.cpp. Is that a good approach?

I think so, yes.

>2.	What other functions do I need to implement? (Please note
>that my input file is a Program Stream that contains PES packets)

Because your video stream is H.264, rather than MPEG-1 or 2, you
would need to write a new "H264VideoStreamFramer" class, to parse the
H.264 stream into discrete NAL units.  (You may be able to use the
existing "MPEG1or2VideoStreamFramer" class as a model.

>3.	Since PTS is already present in the PES header, will that
>make my life somewhat easier in a way that I can just use that PTS
>for the PTS in RTP header?

Probably not, because the presentation times that you want will be
those of the NAL units, not the PES headers.