[Live-devel] SRTP

Chris Kavanagh librestreamkav at hotmail.com
Sat Sep 29 16:48:43 PDT 2007

Any suggestions for a clean place to add SRTP? I'm pretty new to the liveMedia stack and my initial assessment/idea is to add SRTP in RTPInterface::sendPacket and RTPInterface::handleRead. Of course a "Crypto Context" and some key Management objects would have to be added but adding them here will keep the changes pretty local.   The RFC describes the implementation as intercepting RTP packets and forwarding them on.  It seems to fit here since the SRTP stuff is appended to RTP packets. To be perfectly honest, I need to implement this and it really doesn't have to be nice but I thought I'd ask in case anyone had any preferences or better ideas or in case someone wanted to incorporate the changes. Cheers,Chris