[Live-devel] Receive and write video data to a buffer

Yutao Wei weiyutao36 at 163.com
Sun Sep 30 00:44:08 PDT 2007

Hi Ross, Now I have source codes of a player and I plan to do the following things: 1/ use live555 library to receive video data from live555 testOnDemandRTSPServer and write the received data to a buffer;
2/ meanwhile, use the player to read video data from the same buffer, so the player can play the video; However, I have some problems: 1/ the live555 library writes the received data to a file defaultly, can it write received data to a buffer? I traced the code of *FileSink and can not find where it writes the data to a file. How can I write the data into a buffer? Please point me the right way.
2/ do I need to create 2 threads---one for live555 library to write data to a buffer  and the other for my player to read data from the same buffer? Thanks a lot. Yutao Wei.
Shandong University, Jinan, China