[Live-devel] rtp over http

Lodewijk Loos lodewijk at waag.org
Wed Apr 2 13:02:01 PDT 2008

I found what makes it work for me:

If in the following piece of code I call readSocket WITHOUT the
timeout parameter everything works fine again ....

void SocketDescriptor::tcpReadHandler(SocketDescriptor*
socketDescriptor,
				      int mask) {
   do {
     UsageEnvironment& env = socketDescriptor->fEnv; // abbrev
     int socketNum = socketDescriptor->fOurSocketNum;

     // Begin by reading and discarding any characters that aren't '$'.
     // Any such characters are probably regular RTSP responses or
     // commands from the server.  At present, we can't do anything with
     // these, because we have taken complete control of reading this
socket.
     // (Later, fix) #####
     unsigned char c;
     struct sockaddr_in fromAddress;
     struct timeval timeout;
     do {
       int result = readSocket(env, socketNum, &c, 1, fromAddress,
&timeout);
       if (result != 1) { // error reading TCP socket
	if (result < 0) {
	  env.taskScheduler().turnOffBackgroundReadHandling(socketNum); //
stops further calls to us
	}
	return;
       }