[Live-devel] rtp over http

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Wed Apr 2 23:08:31 PDT 2008

>I found what makes it work for me:
>
>If in the following piece of code I call readSocket WITHOUT the
>timeout parameter everything works fine again ....

Ah, you've discovered a bug in the code.

Instead of omitting the "&timeout" parameter, change the line
	struct timeval timeout;
	struct timeval timeout; timeout.tv_sec = 0; timeout.tv_usec = 0;

That should fix your problem.

I have now installed a new version of the code that includes this fix.

If you're having problems with RTP-over-TCP(or HTTP) streaming, then
you should upgrade to the latest version.