[Live-devel] [Question] Streaming transmission rate of liveMedia Server

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Wed Apr 2 23:13:49 PDT 2008

>I'm analyzing Live555MediaServer to find out how
>the server decides its transmission rate!

It's determined by the "fDurationInMicroseconds" parameter set for
the source object that feeds into each "RTPSink" (subclass).  I.e.,
its the data sources that determine the transmission rate.

The "fDurationInMicroseconds" parameter is usually determined within
the "*Framer" object that lies between the data source object and the
"*RTPSink" object.  (Note the numerous examples of this in the source
code.)