[Live-devel] VLC and stb don't play "trick play" streams

akarlov kan at pisem.net
Mon Apr 7 03:42:00 PDT 2008

Hello!

Sorry if this question already discussed before, but I've not found
this in older mail-lists.

   I have a problem with trick play operations in LiveMedia server.
I have got a mpeg2-TS file, index file .tsx and try to play it using
live555MediaServer as a server and VLC as a client.

VLC playback this stream fine, pause works fine too, but then
I try to do FastFoward or FastBackward the stream starts play fast for
about a one second and after that picture disappears.

Furthermore, I've tried do do FastFoward or FastBackward on amino stb
and trick play didn't work fine there too: the picture is broken
after I've press FF or FW ...

It seems what MPEG2TransportStreamTrickModeFilter produce non-standard
transport stream.

Could you explain little, how this filter create "FastFoward" or
"FastBackward" streams? Is is contain only "I" frames?
How this filter creates PTS timestamps in result stream?

I'm very thankfull to your help!
Sorry for awful English =)

Karlov Andrey