[Live-devel] JPEGVideoRTPSource and JPEGVideoSource

Raphael KINDT raphael.kindt at seldes.com
Thu Apr 10 08:43:02 PDT 2008

Hello and thank you for your reply.

I'm trying to develop a streamer process that send JPEG images receive from
another process (I use pipes to do it) to a remote client (VLC client, etc).

I must be able to add new stream to this streamer.  To do it I use a pipe
control (with mine protocol). This pipe control indicate  to the streamer to
add a pipe for the new streaming AND add a new server media session
(addServerMediaSession) for this new stream. I use the same name for the new
pipe and the new session (i.e. "Process0", etc)

Here a representation of this architecture:

 APPLICATION         PIPES       APPLICATION
+-----------+                   +-----------+
|  Grabber  |<----- ctrl ------>|           |
|     +     |                   | Streamer  |
|   image   |--- stream  0  --->|   LIVE    |--- Process  0  --->
|  processs |--- stream ... --->|           |--- Process ... --->
+-----------+                   +-----------+

At this time we must use JPEG image (because it's simple) but after we want
to send raw image...

I hope you understand the global mechanism I want to construct.
Could you tell me if it's possible to do that for the LIVE side?

In short, the main point is to add new server media session dynamicaly.
This means that the scheduler is already started like this
env->taskScheduler().doEventLoop(&watch_scheduler)   before the call of
rtspServer->addServerMediaSession   and   sink->startPlaying

Thanks in advance for your help.

Best regards,

Raphael