[Live-devel] Scaling of the output stream

Artem Goryunov artemgoryunov at gmail.com
Tue Apr 22 06:11:37 PDT 2008

On 16/04/2008, Ross Finlayson <finlayson at live555.com> wrote:

> On 14/04/2008,* Artem Goryunov* <artemgoryunov at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hello All!
>
> Live555 Server get input video (MPEG-2) with definition 720x576. Can
> Live555 Library change definition of the output stream?
>
> ---
> Artem
>

> Excuse me for my English, I meant can Live55 Library change bitrate for
> output stream? Does Library use constant or variable bitrate?
>

> The server streams data at its natural rate.  I.e., if the data is coming
> from a file, then the server streams at the rate given by the timestamps in
> the file.  If the data is coming from a live source, then the server streams
> the data as it arrives from the source.
>
> In other words, it is the data - not the server - that decides the rate at
> which the data is streamed.
>

> Thanks for the answer.

What modules are necessary for changing that in a mode of real time to
recode input MPEG-2 file in to output stream with set bit rate (320x240 ) ?
On how many it is complex to make it?

I know, VLC can do this but it does not allow controlling output stream. I
wish to write the program which broadcasts to network MPEG-2 a file with set
bit rate and with an opportunity to control a stream.