[Live-devel] VLC and stb don't play "trick play" streams

Karlov Andrey kan at pisem.net
Wed Apr 23 14:40:29 PDT 2008

I worked around this problem and tested all cases.
I can say, our Amino 110 doesn't play fast forward streams
even if this stream has the same PID as a 1x stream.

I can say, all Amino STBs has problem with bitrate changing.
Amino cannot switch from one bitrate to another and freezes last picture.

Ross, could you tell please, how can I reduce fps in fast forward stream?
For example, I want to stream 5-10 fps (I-frames per second) stream.
It must reduce bitrate of fast forward stream.

I'm very thankfull to your help!
Sorry for awful English =)

Karlov Andrey