[Live-devel] VLC and stb don't play "trick play" streams

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Wed Apr 23 17:31:47 PDT 2008

>I can say, our Amino 110 doesn't play fast forward streams
>even if this stream has the same PID as a 1x stream.
>
>I can say, all Amino STBs has problem with bitrate changing.

This contradicts what Siegfried Heilmeier said.  (He said that
changing the video pid worked, on at least some Amino STBs.)

It also contradicts what Josh Norell said.  (He said that the problem
occurred only on Amino 110 STBs.)

>Ross, could you tell please, how can I reduce fps in fast forward stream?

Right now you can't.  Currently, 'fast forward' play retains the same
frame rate as normal play, but - because it streams I-frames only -
increaases the bit rate.

It's possible that some time in the future this might change, but
right now I'm disinclined to make any such changes (either video pid
or frame rate) unless and until I get specific feedback from Amino
Corporation about the issues related to using our software with their
products.  As I said a week ago, I find it bizarre that so many
people are (somehow) able to acquire Amino's STBs, but noone seems to
be able to get any support from them.  I also remind people that
there are other manufacturers of RTSP-based hardware products out
there.