[Live-devel] Does openRTSP support Windows Media Server?

luwei at tju.edu.cn luwei at tju.edu.cn
Tue Apr 29 08:51:16 PDT 2008

I ran the latest version of openRTSP to retrieve WMV stream from WMS, but only got
wrong content. Although the messages in the mailing-list says that WMS does not
comform to RTSP standard, VLC with live555 (version of 2007.02.20) works fine with
WMS.
How could VLC do it well? What is the difference in usage between VLC and
openRTSP?

Thanks! (I have debugged VLC and openRTSP, and even compared the TCP/IP packets
between the server and both clients carefully, but still have no idea. So I really
appreciate anyone's help.)