[Live-devel] Whereabouts of oss.wischip.com?

KH KH kwizart at gmail.com
Tue Apr 29 04:53:48 PDT 2008

2008/4/24 Ross Finlayson <finlayson at live555.com>:
> >  > >I am looking into the wis-streamer server application, in particular
>  >>   >the effort required to add support for more video encoder devices.
>  >>
>  >>   I'm not sure I understand what you're saying here, because this
>  >>   application is for one particular type of encoder device only -
>  >>   namely, those that use the WIS GO7007 chip.
>  >
>  >I am working on a streaming video development project, albeit one
>  >based around another HW codec.  I'm looking at the wis-streamer code
>  >for reference/inspiration/etc.  If porting the go7007 driver looks
>  >feasible given the total developer attention span available, we'd like
>  >to do that.
>
>  It probably doesn't make sense to port the go7007 driver for another
>  encoder chip.  Instead, you should just use your chip's existng
>  driver, and modify the "wis-streamer" code to use that driver instead.
>

>  >This appears to be another site with updated go7007 drivers.
>  >http://nikosapi.org/wiki/index.php/WIS_Go7007_Linux_driver
I also have found this url http://bart.ulyssis.org/go7007/
Would be fine if both can work together.
I cannot say myslelf how one handle thing better than the other:

On the other hand - I have sucessfully compiled wis-streamer for Fedora 8 x86_64
But the major problem for a redistribution purpose would be to have
amr support optionnal
since i don't think amrnb code (within wis-streamer tarball) would be
even redistributable (althought open source).
At least we have "nosource" rpm for theses
http://kwizart.free.fr/fedora/nosrc/amrnb-7.0.0.0-1.nosrc.rpm (<-
wis-streamer seems to only use this one)
http://kwizart.free.fr/fedora/nosrc/amrwb-7.0.0.2-1.nosrc.rpm

Actually i've only sucess to compile wis-streamer with a tweaked
version of live555 enabled to shared build (.so with SONAME)
(there is a strange circle dependencies actually).
The patch for live555 built shared was inspired from gentoo. It handle
SONAME correctly and add the required symbol that will help the
library resolution at runtime by the prelinker.

SPECS: http://rpms.kwizart.net/fedora/development/SPECS/live.spec
http://rpms.kwizart.net/fedora/development/SPECS/wis-streamer.spec
SRPMS: http://rpms.kwizart.net/fedora/development/SRPMS/live-0-0.18.2008.04.03.fc9.kwizart.src.rpm
http://rpms.kwizart.net/fedora/development/SRPMS/wis-streamer-0.9.8-1.fc8.kwizart.src.rpm

I hope this would help... We will probably build live shared on
rpm.livna.org for Fedora 9
I'm also working on a go7007-kmod via rpm.livna.org

Nicolas (kwizart)