[Live-devel] Set Up Darwin for Darwin Injector. Getting Unathorized on setDestination

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Mon Aug 11 10:49:04 PDT 2008

>I am trying to get the Darwin injector code to work,  I am using the
><http://www.live555.com/liveMedia/doxygen/html/testMPEG4VideoToDarwin_8cpp-source.html>http://www.live555.com/liveMedia/doxygen/html/testMPEG4VideoToDarwin_8cpp-source.html
>example, however I was getting the following error
>
>injector->setDestination() failed: [ cannot handle ANNOUNCE
>response: RTSP/1.0 401 Unauthorized ]
>
>so I then changed it to use a username and password for my admin
>login on the server, however I still get
>same err..

You need to set up permission to *write* data to the Darwin server
(not just to stream data from it).  (For some tips on how to do this,
see the comment at the top of "liveMedia/include/DarwinInjector.hh".)

I note yet again, however, that we have our own RTSP server
implementation, so you really don't need to be using a separate
Darwin Streaming Server.