[Live-devel] Playback using live55

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Wed Aug 13 22:43:12 PDT 2008

>Thank You for your reply..i will work on the vlc code....btw, im
>wondering if the mpegreceiver is able to receive the audio and video
>stream at the same time

There's no such application as "mpegreceiver".  Assuming that you
mean "testMPEG1or2VideoReceiver", then the answer is no, because that
application was written specifically to receive the video stream only.

If you want to receive both the video and audio streams from a MPEG-1
or 2 RTP audio+video session, then either
1/ Run both "testMPEG1or2Receiver" and "testMP3Receiver" (as
separate, concurrent, applications), or (better)
2/ Use "openRTSP".

>is there any suggestion for me to receive the audio and video on the
>same file at the receiver's end?

Use "openRTSP" with the "-q" or "-i" option.  ***See the openRTSP
documentation for details***