[Live-devel] Audio format of captured file

Marcel Gagne marcel at marcelgagne.com
Sat Aug 23 06:51:04 PDT 2008

Hello everyone,

I am now happily capturing twin treams from my Panasonic BL-C131A network
camera using RTSP. The resulting files are audio-G726-32-1 and video-MP4V-ES-2
and both look to be about the size I'd expect for the time captured. In fact,
I can use ffmpeg to convert to video file to whatever I want and it plays
beautifully. The audio, on the other hand, is a problem. I'm guessing that
it's a g726 encoded file, but every attempt I have made to convert it to
something else (MP3, OGG, wav, etc) gets me nowhere.

   audio-G726-32-1: could not find codec parameters

Now, I have tried telling ffmpeg that it's a g726 encoded file, but it still
fails. Is there something special about this file? Should I be using a
particular ffmpeg codec? Which one?

The whole point of this exercise is to take the captured video and audio
streams, convert them to a single flash file (or whatever), and make the video
available to other systems on my local network.

Any help or guidance would be appreciated.

--
Marcel (Writer and Free Thinker at Large) Gagné
Note: This massagee wos nat speel or gramer-checkered.

believed to be clean.