[Live-devel] Audio format of captured file

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Sat Aug 23 15:08:41 PDT 2008

>    audio-G726-32-1: could not find codec parameters
>
>Now, I have tried telling ffmpeg that it's a g726 encoded file, but it still
>fails. Is there something special about this file

Not really.  The audio stream uses the RTP payload format
"audio/G726-32", which is G.726 audio encoded at a sampling frequency
of 8000 Hz, with 4 bits-per-sample.  Note that these 4-bit samples
are packed into bytes in 'little endian' order.  See RFC 3551,
section 4.5.4.  The resulting file contains (exactly) the contents of
the RTP stream, and so is in the same format.

>? Should I be using a
>particular ffmpeg codec? Which one?

I'm sorry, I can't help you here.  I'm not an expert on "ffmpeg" (or
any other decoder software).