[Live-devel] NAT and RTCP

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Tue Aug 26 17:04:03 PDT 2008

>My hunch tells me the RTCP ports are dynamically set by the stack

Yes, however, the RTP and RTCP ports start at 6970 by default (see
"liveMedia/include/OnDemandServerMediaSubsession.hh").  (I chose that
number because other servers - e.g., Apple's - use the same number.)
RTP ports are always even (so, 6970, 6972, 6974, ...), and RTCP ports
are always odd (so, 6971, 6973, 6975, ...).

If you have a limit on how many concurrent streams you may be serving
at once, you may be able to arrange port forwarding just for a small
rance of ports, starting at 6970.