[Live-devel] Multicast session question

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Mon Dec 1 16:40:02 PST 2008

>Following my previous questions I want to create a situation where
>one source is sent to two different multicast address.
>
>For that I am using passiveMediaSubsession where I add both
>destination to the sink.
>
>I want to generate 2 sessions that whoever asks "describe" for the
>first will receive in the sdp the first multicast address,
>
>and whoever asks "describe" for the second session will receive in
>the sdp the second multicast address.

It sounds like you need your own "ServerMediaSubsession" subclass,
similar to (but different from) "PassiveServerMediaSubsession".

In particular, you will need to write your own implementation of the
"getStreamParameters()" virtual function.  Each call to this function
can result in a different multicast address being used (if that's
what you want).  You can also use the "clientSessionId" parameter to
distinguish between clients, so that your other virtual functions can
know which client was given which multicast address.