[Live-devel] How to invoke second ( and subsequent) streams on live555 media server?

Mike Cravens mrcravens at verizon.net
Mon Dec 8 14:20:07 PST 2008

So, when live555 Media Server starts up, it prints out a url of the form
*rtsp://serverip:serverport.*

Running a media client, I can start up a unicast stream by providing a
url of the form *rtsp:/serverip:serverport/file_to_be streamed.
*
Now, when I want to run a second stream, say of the same file delayed by
30 seconds, is that allowed?

*( actually, vlc provides a second panel option for the port number,
which does not appear selectable/changeable)*

What port(s)  will the server use for control and data, relative to the
first port?

My current vm simulation has limited file and network bandwidth, so I
can't be sure, but it looks like things wedge pretty tightly when I
attempt to start up a second stream from a second instance of vlc on a
second (virtual) machine.

Should this work ( with the same or different files)?

The final client will be a custom one, but I'm testing with vlc.

Regards,

Mike Cravens
mrcravens at gte.net
(972) 693-7799