[Live-devel] QTKit QTCaptureSession as a live streaming source

Austin Snow asnow at pathfindertv.net
Sun Dec 21 07:18:41 PST 2008

Hello,
I’m trying to use (connect) Apples QTKit (QTCaptureSession) to the
input of the testMPEG4VideoToDarwin sample program so I can stream
live events from a video source.

I have testMPEG4VideoToDarwin connecting to my darwin stream server
but I cannot figure out how to get the sampleBuffer from QTKit into
the file input of testMPEG4VideoToDarwin.  Do I need to create a
devicesource or can I do it through sdtout/sdtin?

Also for non-live events, I’m recording my QTKit (QTCaptureSession) to
a file but I cannot get testMPEG4VideoToDarwin to use my mov file as a
source to ByteStreamFileSource I get “Unable to open file
"sample_iTunes.mov" as a byte-stream file source”, test.m4e file works
fine.

If anyone has information on this it would be great.

Thanks
Austin