[Live-devel] QTKit QTCaptureSession as a live streaming source

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Sun Dec 21 10:36:34 PST 2008

>Also for non-live events, I'm recording my QTKit (QTCaptureSession)
>to a file but I cannot get testMPEG4VideoToDarwin to use my mov file
>as a source to ByteStreamFileSource

We don't (currently) support the reading of ".mov" or ".mp4" format
files.  To be able to read MPEG-4 video data, it *must* be in raw
video Elementary Stream form - i.e., a sequence of MPEG-4 video
frames.

If your input data is a discrete sequence of MPEG-4 video frames -
rather than a byte stream - then you should feed it into a
"MPEG4VideoStreamDiscreteFramer", rather than a
"MPEG4VideoStreamFramer".

Finally, a reminder, once again, that we have our own RTSP server
implementation (as demonstrated by the "testMPEG4VideoStreamer"
application (for multicast), or the "testOnDemandRTSPServer"
appliication (for unicast).  You do *not* need to use a separate
'Darwin Streaming Server', and we no longer provide support for the
"test*toDarwin" demo applications.