[Live-devel] Unable to determine ip address

Lennart Gilander lennart.gilander at methafour.com
Mon Dec 22 06:23:00 PST 2008

Ross,

  thanks for the prompt reply, got it to work doing a quick-and-dirty:

The multicast address defined when testing for multicast reply was in the
228.x.x.x range while the one mentioned in an earlier reply was in the
224.x.x.x range. I simply changed the code to cover to my range.

It is still unclear why it  did not find the machine IP thru the lookup,
using
'host <machine_name>' gives the correct ip. Strange.

Could possibly be because the test server also acts as a dhcp server.

Got my system working so I'm happy.

Best Regards

Lennart