[Live-devel] Unable to determine ip address

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Mon Dec 22 14:42:24 PST 2008

>The multicast address defined when testing for multicast reply was in the
>228.x.x.x range while the one mentioned in an earlier reply was in the
>224.x.x.x range. I simply changed the code to cover to my range.

No, don't change the supplied code; if you do, we won't be able to
support you in the future.

A 228.x.x.x IP multicast address should still work for you, because
you have a route for 224.0.0.0/8.  If, however, it's not working for
you, you should figure out why (otherwise lots of other multicast
stuff won't work for you either).