[Live-devel] Axis camera

Eric Flickner eric.flickner at gmail.com
Thu Feb 21 05:05:58 PST 2008

We need a better description of the problem to be able to help.  It sounds
like you are on the right track that it works sometimes.  I recommend to try
and debug the problem more using the following tips:

1.  Use packet capture software to see if the data is being transmitted
and/or received.
I usually see an ICMP packet for each RTP packet that is sent if there isn't
a socket receiving the data.

2.  Place some strategic printf statements in openRTSP program or LIVE555
library to provide yourself with more information.

Thanks,

Eric

2008/2/21 Ferruccio Fiorucci <ferruccio.fiorucci at gmail.com>:

> Hi,
>
> I think I'm using a different version of openRTSP( the last version I
> found in the server ), and I can't use the -e option, it's not foreseen.
>
> Anyway I found a solution using the -t opion ( i.e. using the RTP over TCP
> ).
>
> With this option i can save a mpeg4 file, but at this moment I have a
> strange problem with this feature:
>
> when I try to save the file coming from the camera, the openRTSP program
> sometimes creates a good file, sometimes creates an useless bad file very
> small. The problem is that I don't know why this problem happens, it seems
> random…….
>

> Do you have any idea to solve this problem?
>

> Thanks
>

> Best Regards
>
> 2008/2/20 Sigismondo Boschi <s.boschi at totalwire.it>:
>
> >   Ferruccio Fiorucci wrote:
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > I'm trying to use the openrtsp program in order to connect to an Axis
> > > camera ( axis 207 ) unsuccesful!!!
> > > All seems to go well, I sand to camera all the right commands (
> > > DESCRIBE, PLAY, and so on..) but when i can see in the shell
> > "Receiving
> > > streamed data", I cant save the data in a file.
> > > The program creates the file, but it's empty ( its dimension is 30
> > Byte ).
> > > The parameters I use are:
> > >
> > > openRTSP -d 10 -S 54 -n -F prova rtsp://192.168.3.140/mpeg4/media.amp
> > >
> > Hi,
> > I can do it successfully, with an Axis camera. However I have slightly
> > different options (maybe older/newer version... openRTSP.exe -e 10 -F
> > test rtsp://192.168.0.42/mpeg4/media.amp ). Be careful with firewalls (I
> > mean Windows or Linux ones), because the client is working as an UDP
> > server. Try with the "-t" option - it lets the RTP communication take
> > place over the estabilished TCP connection.
> >
> > Ciao,
> >    Sigismondo
> >
> > --

Eric Flickner