[Live-devel] MPEG4 streaming source to FIFO/Buffer

Robin Penea robin.penea at gmail.com
Thu Jan 3 00:31:30 PST 2008

First I would like to thank you for your attention !

> You should not
>need 'named pipes' for this, if your analysis application reads from
>'stdin'.

The problem is that my application doesn't read from stdin, it reads from a
file,
this i why I thought using the named pipe. And also I can't rely on command
lines
operation, because my application might be ported to windows - crying - ...

>openRTSP -v -u username password  rtsp://whatever |
>your-analysis-application

I already piped openRTSP to other commands, and it works great, but
I need to completely integrate "openRTSP -v -u username password
 rtsp://whatever | "
into my piece of code. it has to be "standalone". That is why I am searching
subclass your code :-).

--
Robin Penea