[Live-devel] openRTSP client and RAW udp

Marco Amadori amadorim at vdavda.com
Fri Jan 25 07:02:59 PST 2008

Greetings at the list and thanks for this nice working software,

at my company we are developing our new HD release of our set top box and are
evaluating live555 as a VOD server (RTSP) and as a RTSP client.

For testing and comparing purposes, I would like to ask if it could be easy to
add  a "--raw" command line parameter to openRTSP client in order to let it
ask live555Media server to stream via raw UDP.

I saw that the server supports it, having tried to rtsp via simple telnet, and
grepping the client code it seems that is something that could be not so far
to be reached.

Any hints for adding this?

Question2: are there openRTSP client precompiled binaries for windows
available?

In case that we adopt in our future products live555 based solutions, it is
possilbe to sign for payd support?

--
ESC:wq