[Live-devel] How can I stream MPEG4 Video and MPEG1 la yer2 Audio with live555?

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Mon Jan 28 21:25:47 PST 2008

>Now, I work a video surveillance system.The board encoder generate
>the video and audio element stream.It is a mux stream include MPEG4
>Video and MPEG1 layer2 Audio. Could you please give me some advice
>about how to stream the encoded data with live555?

You could start by looking at the code for the "wis-streamer"
application, which streams audio and video from one specific type of
encoder device.

>Perhaps i can first splite the video and audio and stream them
>seperately.like the MPEGAudioandVideoStream testProgram. But i
>wonder that whether this method will insure the sychronization of
>the video and audio.

You say that your audio and video are combined in a "mux
stream".  What does this mean?  If this is a MPEG Transport Stream,
then you could just stream it as is, without demultipexing it. Again,
you could look at the "wis-streamer" application for hints about how
to stream MPEG Transport Stream data.

	Ross Finlayson
	Live Networks, Inc. (LIVE555.COM)
	<http://www.live555.com/>