[Live-devel] streaming data not contained in a file

Erwan Miry erwan.miry at gmail.com
Thu Jan 31 05:17:42 PST 2008

Hi all,
I've got the same kind of problem as a guy who asked for answers two days
ago.
I need to transmit data, and I've got some problems.
First, data are not in a file. So if I try to use Live555, I need an
external file (like "test.mp3"), right?
So if I don't have this file, I need to implement my own subclass of
"MultiFramedRTPSource", Sink and MediaSource?
But do I need to implement my own class of "ServerMediaSubSession"
and "ServerMediaSession" too? or just an OnDemandServerMediaSession
subclass?
I'm new with RTSP servers, and I read for 2 weeks live555 classes, and think
I'm understanding how it works.
I've got an other question: I don't understand the diffence between the
"ServerMediaSubSession" subclasses (OnDemandServerMediaSession and
PassiveServerMediaSession). If you can give me a short description of it, it
would help me a lot.
Last question: testRelay is receiving data from a RTSP server and sending
this on another RTSP server. It doesn't transform RTP packets, right?

Thanks a lot!

Erwan