[Live-devel] Queries about live555 Streaming Media

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Tue Jul 1 01:04:28 PDT 2008

>1. When I compile the source code package, I follow the instructions that :
>         - extract the package to a folder, then type the command :
>cd home/hannah/Documents . This is the folder contains the "live".

You need to cd *into* the "live" directory itself.  Then run
"./genMakefiles linus", and then "make".

>2. I have one idea that, like the Bittorrent, I will have a server
>(tracker) and clients connect together, but I will not need to wait
>for it to finish downloading, but I just wait for it to buffer, then
>play.
>   - Can I use live555 Streaming Media package to do that?

I'm sorry, I don't understand your question, but I suspect that you
might not fully understand what our software does.  After buildng the
software, you should first familiarize yourself with the various demo
applications (in the "testProgs" directory).