[Live-devel] Stream from a Panasonic BL-C131A network camera

Marcel Gagné marcel at marcelgagne.com
Thu Jul 10 10:35:46 PDT 2008

Hello everyone,

I have a Panasonic BL-C131A network camera that can stream video and audio.
There are a couple of ways to do this. One is to use MJPEG output and another
streaming MPEG4. Both support sound and (sigh) sound comes through if you view
the camera using Internet Explorer. Firefox under Linux, VLC, ffmpeg, and
mplayer, all display video, but no sound. The audio portion is g726.

The camera does stream video using RTSP and RTP and Panasonic tells me they
support openRTSP. So I decided to try to capture the output using openRTSP and
things 'seem' to work, but all I get are two empty files in my current working
directory. They are called audio-G726-32-1  and video-MP4V-ES-2. I'm frankly
stumped as to how I a) watch this combined audio and video stream and, more
importantly, b) how I capture the stream so that I can save the captured video
for archival reasons.  I've tried several variations on the openRTSP command,
all, so far, with the same results. An example follows . . .

 openRTSP -v -c -n -w 320 -h 240 -f 30 -u myuser mypass
'rtsp://192.168.1.253/nphMpeg4/g726-320x240'

Any help and/or suggestions would be gratefully accepted.

Take care out there.

--
Marcel (Writer and Free Thinker at Large) Gagné
Note: This massagee wos nat speel or gramer-checkered.

believed to be clean.