[Live-devel] Creating a RTSP stream from DVB-T hardware card

Ryan Walklin ryanwalklin at gmail.com
Fri Jul 11 23:58:07 PDT 2008

OK, I promise this will be the last time i write ;)

I'm not convinced my code is the problem now (although it most likely
still is). I've rewritten my plugin code to simply write packets to
stdout, then piped it into a file (temp.ts). This plays back fine in
VLC.

However, using either testMPEG2TransportStreamer or live555MediaServer
to stream it to VLC doesn't work. testMPEG2TransportStreamer dumps a
stream of "Missing Sync Byte" errors to the console until killed,
whereas live555MediaServer allows the stream to load in VLC, however
doesn't play, and examining the VLC info window shows the incoming
stream has 16 streams (the file has only a single audio and video
stream).

Strangely ts files saved using the EyeTV interface stream fine. My
hypotheses then are either the raw stream coming from my card is not
entirely spec-compliant, or EyeTV is presenting me incorrect data; or
that the liveMedia library does not entirely support NZ's DVB format.

I'll keep working on it, but I think I might need to get Elgato to
shed some light.

Regards,

Ryan

>>> 2/ If you enable "testMPEG2TransportStreamer"s built-in RTSP