[Live-devel] Creating a RTSP stream from DVB-T hardware card

Ryan Walklin ryanwalklin at gmail.com
Fri Jul 11 22:42:47 PDT 2008

On Jul 12, 2008, at 5:09 PM, Ross Finlayson wrote:

>>> 2/ If you enable "testMPEG2TransportStreamer"s built-in RTSP
>>> server (by uncommenting the line
>>> 	#define IMPLEMENT_RTSP_SERVER 1
>>> ), then can VLC play the stream?
>>>

>> I have already enabled the RTSP server in my code.
>
> I wasn't asking about your code; I was asking about mine :-)

Fair enough ;) There certainly is a wealth of sample code, which is
nice.

> You should check to see whether the original
> "testMPEG2TransportStreamer" application - modified *only* by
> enabling the built-in RTSP server - can stream to VLC (by opening
> the "rtsp://" URL).

It can save a TS file i've saved using EyeTV, but not when streaming
live from stdin.

>>> Try receiving the stream using the "openRTSP" client instead.
>>> Check whether you receive a proper Transport Stream file (that you
>>> can play, directly, using VLC).
>> This isn't working either, i get a zero-length file.
>
> Assuming that there's no firewall between "openRTSP" and your
> server, then the problem is that your server is not streaming any
> data. Because this is your code, you're going to have to figure this
> out for yourself.
> --

Yeah I think so, although all my tests of the plugin code indicate it
is writing the packets to the pipe correctly.

Thanks again, I'll keep working on it.

Ryan