[Live-devel] Live555 with ffmpeg's MJPEG codec

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Mon Jul 14 10:38:46 PDT 2008

>I am trying to stream real-time video data over RTP using live555
>library with MJPEG format. To to so, I created a derived class of
>JPEGVideoSource. Within the derived class, I have implemented the
>following methods:
>
>a) The doGetNextFrame() method which dequeue an RGB video frame,
>converts it to YUV420 and then perform JPEG video compression.

Don't forget to also set "fPresentationTime".

>On the receiving end (when I combine live555 with ffmpeg jpeg
>codec), here is the errors returned by ffmpeg decoder

I can't help you with codec (or VLC) problems.  However, I suggest
that you first use "openRTSP" with the "-m" option to receive each
frame as a separate file.  If your server code is correct, then each
such received file should be a single JPEG image, which you can try
viewing with image viewing software.  That may help you debug your
problem.