[Live-devel] Streaming live telemetry data

Manuel Rejen manuel at iopenermedia.com
Mon Jul 21 00:01:52 PDT 2008

Hi all,

I am new here and have a question about streaming non multimedia data.

I want to stream live telemetry data (so no video or audio) over the internet (bandwidth for each stream 2kbps) to thousands of connected clients simultaneously.
I think RTSP(T) is the right protocol for this because the clients can be behind firewalls etc.
I understand that I need a custom client to receive the RTSP(T) stream to visualize it.

Is this scenario possible with Live555 Media Server and openRTSP ?
If not can anyone  please point me in the right direction for a possible solution ?

Thanks,

Manuel Rejen