[Live-devel] Re : Max limit for RTSPClientSession instances?

ahmoud alkassoum aahmoud at paraxip.com
Mon Jul 21 18:08:29 PDT 2008

Hi Mauro,
If you are running your application under windows you might have the same problem i had few months ago.
My problem was due to an windows OS limitation on the number of sockets that can be open at any one time.
On windows the FD_SETSIZE parameter have a default value of 64, so with that default value,
the server can only handle 64/2 = 32 clients at the same time ( 2 sockets
per client). So to solve my problem i only had to increase the FD_SETSIZE
parameter.

Hope that this information did help you.

Alkassoum