[Live-devel] openRTSP proxy support

ali teke aliteke at gmail.com
Wed Jun 4 09:13:18 PDT 2008

I wonder if there is a command line option for specifying the Proxy
Server address while executing openRTSP,
for example in case of Real Player, client should enter the address of
Proxy Server from the Preferences menu. than it can stream the media
from proxy even though user of Real Player requests the media with the
address of streaming server...

I've looked at the code for openRTSP and found that,
at line#84  of file "openRTSP.cpp" there is a flag like;
Boolean allowProxyServers = False;

I wonder if it is enough to set it true and supply the proxy address
as a command line option.
And in the "playCommon.cpp" file, at line 104,

void usage() {
   << (allowProxyServers ? " [<proxy-server> [<proxy-server-port>]]" : "")

It looks like if we set the allowProxyServers as true, we would be
able to specify a proxy address.
I will try it right now:)

thanks...

--ali