[Live-devel] openRTSP proxy support

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Wed Jun 4 09:35:30 PDT 2008

>I've looked at the code for openRTSP and found that,
>at line#84  of file "openRTSP.cpp" there is a flag like;
>Boolean allowProxyServers = False;

No - that code is used to distinguish "openRTSP" from "playSIP",
which uses the same base code ("playCommon.cpp").  SIP, unlike RTSP,
has an explicit notion of 'proxy'.

As I said before, a RTSP 'proxy' should appear - to a RTSP client -
exactly like a RTSP server.  You should be able to give the RTSP
client a regular "rtsp://" URL, containing the address of the proxy.
It is up to the proxy to translate that into a different "rtsp://"
URL that points to the real RTSP server.