[Live-devel] rtsp and keeping alive connection with rtcp packets

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Thu Jun 5 05:35:57 PDT 2008

At 02:49 AM 6/5/2008, you wrote:
>I may have found the problem.
>I tested april 2008 version and it worked ! so i compared april and
>may 2008 versions and found something in RTSPClient.cpp, line 983
>
>2008.04.02 RTSPClient.cpp line 983 :
>       subsession.setDestinations(fServerAddress);
>
>2008.05.12 RTSPClient.cpp line 983 :
>       subsession.setDestinations(subsession.connectionEndpointAddress());
>

>And when I change this line in 2008.05.12 to be like in 2008.04.02
>version, it works !
>
>So I looked at fServerAddress value and
>subsession.connectionEndpointAddress() return value in 2008.05.12,
>and in my case the first one is valid, and the second one is "0"
>
>Don't know why this was change ?

It was changed in the 2008.04.09 version in an attempt to fix a
related problem with multicast streams, but - as you discovered - it
inadvertently broke unicast streams!  I have now installed a new
version (2008.06.05) of the software that fixes this properly - I
hope.  The new version uses "connectionEndpointAddress()" if it is
non-zero, and uses "fServerAddress" otherwise.

Please upgrade to this new version (as it includes some other useful
improvements to "RTSPClient" also).

Many thanks for looking into and reporting this problem.

	Ross Finlayson
	Live Networks, Inc. (LIVE555.COM)
	<http://www.live555.com/>